Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Fear For My Life

Not really. Or at least, not specifically. Sure, there's this terrible, unnameable dread, but who counts that, really?

...Certainly not I!

These buses have wireless internet. This is the tripiest thing ever, and I am amazed. Currently I am in Wisconsin, ready to be shuttled toward the great wasteland that is Minnesota. I have over a day and a half left of travel, assuming we are neither set upon by mutants, struck by chain-lightning, or abandoned by the driver in a fit of manic religious fervor, as he seeks to 'find himself' amongst the Montanese... Montanian? ...Montaguish corn fields.

Last evening I hung out with the parental figures and shot pool. It was a fine and classy send-off, if ever there was one. I was left at the bus station by two good friends who informed me that it had been no trouble to do so for me, since they were already on their way to the city for an erotica convention. How fortuitous!

I've heard almost nothing but worry from everyone who heard about my plans. I can understand their concerns, but... How could I hesitate further, when it has been so long since I had an good, honest adventure?

1 comment:

  1. Wireless buses? Oh how awesome, man! Who needs a place to live? Just save up and buy a Sam-Mobile! And hey, there's nothing wrong with having religious experiences in corn fields...just remember where the tractors are at and don't get lost! ^_~

    BTW, good proper adventure? I dub thee Bilbo!

    Safe journey, keep hold of the traveling shovel of death and no Chinese hookers! ^_^

    ReplyDelete