Thursday, July 7, 2011

Terrible Mistakes

Ah, blogging. Perhaps one of the lowest, crudest forms of communication yet, even surpassing the whole 'let's smear chalk on a cave wall' idea.

And yet you're here, reading! This means that you are willing to follow along in the neurotic train-wreck that is my life, or you just got lost looking for smut on the internet. And if I'm writing, well then I've probably run out of smut to find on the internet. Quite the achievement, if I do say so myself. And I do.

'Third Bad Ending' is the title of this blog. That's a video-gaming reference, by the way. Certain games, depending on the choices you make (or even those old, choose-your-own-adventure books, remember those?) can lead to good endings (defeat the evil overlord, save the princess) or bad endings (fail to save the princess, descend into a life of binge-drinking and loose sprites).

You'd have to do pretty badly for yourself to reach that third, especially bad ending.

I'm posting this thing for the benefit of friends, family, and complete strangers all seeking to learn whether or not they wisely placed their bets on 'when will Sam fail?', a betting pool I hear has managed to include just over three-hundred people at last count.

I'm writing this on a Thursday night, rooming in a friend's basement whose kindness I'm shamelessly taking advantage of. I've bought a ticket for Seattle (land of pale folk, where the coffee flows like water) and Saturday morning will be leaving the Chicago suburbs, one of the few areas on Earth where the weather is actively trying to kill you.

In a few months, I'll be trying to make my way as a professional teller of stories, illustrator of pictures, and so on and so forth. I'm sure you'll all appreciate (or at least refrain from mocking) my efforts as soon as I've provided a link. That's all, I suppose, for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment