Monday, July 18, 2011

Living Well

For those of you who wish to be in the know:

I am currently writing a story involving precocious raccoons, walking islands, and treacherous emperors (as if there were any other kind) and I think it should surely earn me a Literary Award.

Also, I'll be embarking on my illustrious comics career (do I smell Eisner Awards on the wind? It may just be curry, but...) with a short story. It'll be jocular and fun, and carefully balanced out by a sorrow-fest of a project that will follow, shortly before embarking on my first big publication, "Losing Ground". Losing Ground will be so amazing, Jules Verne will do a post-mortem spiral in his grave and leak corpse-tears out of sheer joy.

And in more mundane matters, tomorrow begins my efforts at employment. Hopefully this will allow me to keep a roof over my head, graphite in my pencils, and coffee in my gullet.

And to my editor, who I know reads this, I'm waiting on the return of chapter one of my prose works. I'm already working on finishing up chapter two!

With all my love/contempt/etc, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Your editor does read this...just super late cause her blankety blanking blank freaking blank computer exploded amazingly again! Hope you keep coffee in your gullett...I've seen you without. It ain't pretty!

    ReplyDelete